5.18.2011

Crunch Time


Two days until the Chattanooga SIEGE begins, that means CRUNCH TIME.  The Team tournament is Friday night, and the 2k singles tournaments are Saturday and Sunday.  I have 15 Infantry to finish painting, two leman russes and Vendetta to detail, and 62 infantry to base(plus a Vendetta base), all in two nights.


Played a practice game last night when I should have been painting.  I feel confident with my list.  I dropped three KFF battlewagons by the end of turn 2, quite an accomplishment I think.  I am behind on posting pictures, but that will come in time.

My Lists:

1,005 points Team List
Company Command Squad, w/Straken, 3xMeltas, Regimental Standard, Chimera - 245
Veteran Squad, w/3xPlasma guns, Chimera - 170
Veteran Squad w/3xFlamers, Carapace Armor, Demolitions - 145
Vendetta -130
Hellhound w/Multi-melta, smoke - 150
Leman Russ Demolisher - 165

2,000 points Singles List
Company Command Squad, w/Straken, 3xGrenade Launchers, Regimental Standard, Chimera - 230
Primaris Psyker - 70
Ministorum Priest w/Eviscerator - 60
Psyker Battle Squad w/8 Psykers, Chimera - 155
Veteran Squad, w/3xPlasma guns, Chimera - 170
Veteran Squad w/3xFlamers, Carapace Armor, Demolitions - 145
Platoon Command Squad w/4xMeltas, Chimera - 125
2xInfantry Squads w/1xCommissar - 135
2xMortar Heavy Weapon Squads - 120
Vendetta -130
Hellhound w/Multi-melta, smoke - 150
Leman Russ Demolisher - 165
Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Plasma Sponsons - 190
Medusa w/Enclosed Crew Compartment, Bastion Breacher Shells - 155

The Priest and Primaris Psyker tag along with Straken and his Grenade Launchers for some drive by action and late game beat downs.  If the Psyker gets his power off then that is 2d6+3 Str 6 shots at 24". And they can be fired before charging. Assault weapons ftw.

The Flamer veteran hop a ride with the Vendetta, courtesy of SandWyrm at theBack40k.  They are my key players.  Possible anti-mech Alpha strike with melta bombs, but generally a terror in the back field.

Suneokun has shown me "The Way of the Mortar" from his Pathfinder blog, so the two mortar squads are my hidden threats, usually protected by the Infantry Squads, which tend to combine for a stubborn, hard to move objective holder.

The Battle Tanks advance in front of my Chimera groups, taking the big hits and providing cover, and my Medusa snipes other tanks.  48" Str 10 2d6 armor pen.  Its like a 48" melta, but better!  Its sort of a "blogging-amalgamation" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment