3.11.2011

Team Tournament

So I just moved to the area here about a month ago. There is a larger 40k community than the 40k desert I used to live in, so that excites me. I only have to drive 30 minutes to the nearest gaming store, instead of the hour and a half I used to drive.

Someone posted that they needed a partner for a doubles tournament this weekend and I jumped all over it. I didn't even know there was a tournament this weekend. I haven't played in a tournament since early January, so tomorrow is going to be great.

My teammate(who I have not actually met yet), is running Space Marines, and I will be taking my Blood Angels. When I started 40k back up last August, my first tournament was also a doubles tournament with a player I didn't know. We ran Tau and Imperial Guard, with minor success.

Here is the 1250 list I will be taking:

HQ
Reclusiarch w/Plasma Pistol - 145

Elite
Corbulo - 105
Techmarine w/Jumppack and combo-melta - 60

Troops
9xDeath Company w/2xPower fists - 230
Rhino w/Extra armor, dozer blade - 70

Assault squad w/ meltagun, razorback with TL assault cannon - 165

Assault squad w/ meltagun, razorback with TL lascannon - 165

Fast
Baal Predator w/side heavy flamers, dozer blade - 145

Heavy
Vindicator w/Siege shield, extra armor -170

Total:1255

The rules said they allow 5 points over the limit, but if they end up not doing that I can change the vindicator's siege shield to a dozer blade.

So, two TL assault cannons, and a vindicator all with a range of 24", also fast vehicles, making an effective range of 36". Once we get into that 24", they will pummel everything in sight.

I originally had a stock librarian with shield to provide some protection for the vehicles, but I think with proper deployment/moving, plus a smoke launcher here and there, I can provide ample cover to everyone.

I took a TL lascannon to provide some reach. I usually run all assault cannons, but lately it has been nice to have one almost guarnateed lascannon hit to slap something on the back lines.

The reclusiarch and the death company are the hammer unit. They will, hopefully, get stuck in quick and start eating things up. The power fists let them take on walkers, so they can't be tar pitted by them.

Techmarine will generally deep strike with the Combimelta and pop something big and shiny. He has a 1/3 chance to hit, which usually rings true in 3 round tournaments. I always use corbulo's refill on that Combimelta when it misses, and when it doesn't I save it for something that might be game changing.

And that is my plan.

It is shared force org, otherwise I would have a lot more baal predators. My ally is using the following:
hq - librarian

troops - 10 scout snipers with a missile launcher and camo cloaks
10 scouts with bolters a heavy bolter and a teleport homer and melta bombs

fast - 4 bikers with 2 flamers and melta bombs and a attack bike with a multi-melta
9 assault marines with melta bombs in a rhino

elites - 5 terminators with a cyclone missile launcher

heavy - 2 whirl winds


I assume we will use his cloaked scouts for objective missions, hopefully with a reinforced ruin from my tech marine. His whirlwinds can drop bombs all day. Hs assault squad should be running close to my death company, and his terminators will teleport in close to the locator beacon and cause some damage. The bike squad will hopefully leave a trail of bodies in their wake too.

We won't win any attrition battles, but if we hit hard and fast maybe we will be the ones left standing after the dice settle.

I will try to remember what all happens and write up a few battle reports after the tournament.

BoxerSaint, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment